Digital Classrooms


   
In today’s interconnected world, the role of technology has become more prominent in our everyday lives. In education it has become vital that teaches have a website dedicated to who they are, what they teach, and their experiences as a teacherAs educators, the mission of teaching extends beyond the confines of physical classrooms; it encompasses the vast expanse of the internet, where knowledge knows no bounds and learning transcends traditional boundaries. Welcome to the 24/7 trap spot blog, where we will be talking about the significance of teacher websites, exploring how they serve as dynamic hubs of information, collaboration, and inspiration for both students and educators alike.

For today's blog, I researched some web pages that elementary school teachers maintain for their students. I looked into two teachers' web pages at Canopy Oaks Elementary School in the Leon County area. On Mrs. Dana Stoke's webpage, she has only two tabs, the first is like a virtual classroom demonstration. The second tab however is more informative and gives more insight and background into where she’s from and her experiences leading up to this point in life. On the side of the page, it provides her degrees, certifications, and endorsements. On the other hand, Mrs.Kari Torgesen has nine pages on her website that are meant to help parents engage with their students and the learning community. She also has a school supplies list, breakfast, and lunch, as well as a back-to-school reading list. Her page is very accessible when it comes to her student and parent engagement, I also love her about me page its creative and aesthetically pleasing.

As an educator deeply committed to fostering student growth and engagement, I envision harnessing technology to streamline my professional responsibilities and enhance the learning experience for my students. I envision myself using tools such as Canva, and Google Sheets to create and organize group presentations and engaging feedback. Remind is another tool I’d use to constantly interact with my students and parents because sometimes emails get lost and communication can get misinterpreted. Class dojo would be used as a reward system to incentivize learning and allow students to understand how money works & savings as in this case, it relates to behavior.

Furthermore, in my recent personal experience, I had the opportunity to create a group wiki page within Canvas. The wiki is focused on 3rd-grade English language arts teachers of grades k-5. During the assignment, I liked that we got to create a website that was within a platform we use daily as students, similar to the teachers' perspective of creating a class for students. Additionally, I liked that we got to search websites on our own and evaluate them on standards learned in class. In contrast, though I disliked that it was a group effort many portions of the assignment could've been completed on an individual level and then graded by peers. Disliking even more that the assignment's paper wasn't clear with the format or contents but the paper we happened to put together was well thought out and intentional. 

My Evaluation Form + Website 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 8: Webpage Design ft. AI

My take on Digital Natives

About the blogger